Carbon Dioxide Gas Sensor, H3-1010.10, £280.00
This new dual range Carbon Dioxide Gas Sensor, which connects to the ALBA Interface and Logger, replaces the original one. The two ranges are 0-10,000 ppm and 0-100,000 ppm. All the Applications on Biology Disk 1 and the Science Basics Disk 1 work exactly as before provided the Low Range is selected on the sensor. The high range is excellent for studying human respiration. In addition the sensor allows students to:
- measure CO2 levels during cellular respiration.
- measure CO2 levels in photosynthesis experiments.
- monitor the increase in CO2 levels from small animals.
- measure the rate of production of CO2 in chemical reactions.
- monitor CO2 levels during fermentation or respiration of sugars.
Results from the Application 'Respiration of Snails' on Science Basics Disk 1.