Colorimeter, K3-1500.00, £109.50
Mystrica 2.0 retains all the functions and operations of the original with the addition of wireless connectivity that allows the colorimeter to be used with iPads (Air, Mini, 3rd & 4th generation) and iPhones (4S and later but not 4). There are a few other minor modifications to further enhance the performance.
The colorimeter from Mystrica can be used as a stand alone unit or connected to a PC. This easy-to-use instrument delivers a user friendly performance that rivals instruments many times its price.
- Simple, robust design.
- Versatile use as stand-alone or with a computer.
- Performance that rivals instruments many times the price.
- Readings displayed as absorbance or transmittance.
- Long battery life.
- USB link displays and stores results as tables and graphs.
- Fully supported suggestions for practical activities
The cost includes batteries, ten cuvettes + caps, a cuvette rack and a USB cable to connect the colorimeter to a computer.
The colorimeter is supplied with a link to download the free software that runs on Windows 2000, XP or Vista. A Mac version of the software is in preparation and should be available soon.
Suggestions for practical work are available and cover many areas of chemistry and biology including:
- investigations with enzymes – effects of temperature, pH, inhibitors – enzyme kinetic
- quantitative determination of biological molecules – sugars, protein, vitamins, etc.
- quantitative determination of inorganic ions – nitrate, phosphate, etc.
- population growth of micro-organisms
- detection of biological molecules
- environmental water quality
- nitrogen cycle
- population growth
- biological membrane
The colorimeter is suitable for educational use. It is not intended for clinical, commercial or research applications.